One of the most important things you can do to extend the lifespan of your cooling system and keep it running smoothly all season long is to schedule an annual air conditioning service call. However, if you’re like most homeowners, you may be unclear about just what happens during this call.
What happens during an HVAC service call:
- Clean your system. Our air conditioning technician will thoroughly clean the dust, dirt and debris from your cooling system during the service call. A dirt-clogged system is one of the major reasons that cooling systems fail prematurely. A clean AC system also uses less energy, since it doesn’t have to push air through that dirt, so this cleaning can save you money on your monthly electric bill.
- Lubricant the moving parts. Another key part of an annual service call is to oil all of the mechanical parts of your cooling system and make sure that they are in good working order. Catching a potential problem early during the service call can potentially save you hundreds of dollars in repairs later.
- Check the refrigerant. The technician will also check to make sure that your system has enough refrigerant to operate efficiently and that there are no leaks in the coil or other parts of the system. Having adequate refrigerant means that your cooling system will keep your living spaces comfortable, even during the middle of the hot Arizona summer.
While it might seem that skipping the annual service call for your cooling system could save you money, that might be short-sighted. Having an HVAC technician check, clean and lubricant your system can actually save you money in the long run.
JR Perkins is the first heating and air conditioning company in the East Valley serving Scottsdale, Phoenix, and surrounding cities. To learn more please visit our website at www.JRPerkins.com or call (480) 422-4437.
In order to survive the summer without buying a new air conditioning unit, it is important to maintain your home’s cooling system and, if needed, contact a professional air conditioning repair company. Staying on top of this home maintenance issue ensures you will reliably stay cool and comfortable during the heat.
How do you know if you need to call a professional? Air conditioner units should continuously cool your home to the temperature you set. In order to avoid long days of discomfort, we have created this list of common warning signs you will need AC repair.
Increasing Costs – Cooling your home costs money, but if you notice that your bills are higher than normal, you should have the air conditioning system checked.
Poor Airflow – Your unit should cool your home evenly. If you have hot spots or the house is not cooling rooms equally, you will need your compressor and duct work checked.
No Cooling – If you are getting good airflow but no cooling, there may be a problem with the compressor or coolant levels. Call an AC repair professional.
Strange Noises – If there is grating or screeching noises coming from your air conditioner, the motor may need repair or there is a lubrication problem. Don’t ignore noises.
You can rely on J.R. Perkins Heating & Cooling for fast, professional and reliable heating and air conditioning service. We will keep your home cool all summer long in the Scottsdale AZ area. If you would like to talk more about the signs you need air conditioning repair, or would like to schedule an appointment, please visit us at www.JRPerkins.com or call us at (480) 422-4437.
In the summer months, the largest part of the typical household’s energy bill is the result of cooling costs. It is probably safe to say most people will run their air conditioners none stop. Unfortunately, the cost can drain your savings account. There are ways to take control and save on your summer air conditioning bill.
Programmable Thermostat – The ideal temperature in a home for balancing cost and comfort is 78 degrees. However, you don’t need to keep it there when no one is home. A programmable thermostat will automatically change the setting based on the schedule you set, saving you from cooling an empty house.
AC Check-up – Ensure you have a professional complete an annual AC Check-up that includes replacing air filters. Reduced efficiency will increase your energy usage. Regular maintenance will also save you from unexpected repairs and being without AC in the summer.
Air Seal – Controlling heating and cooling costs relies on air sealing your house and closing the building envelope. Check around windows and doors, and seal cracks with caulk. Plus, check and replace any damaged weather-stripping.
Upgrade – Today’s air conditioners are 40 percent more efficient than ones just 10 years ago. A professional can help you determine the energy usage of your current unit, and the savings from installing a new air conditioner.
If you would like to talk more about how to save on your summer air conditioning bill, especially in the Scottadale AZ area, or need more information, please call us at (480) 946-5083 or visit our website at www.JRPerkins.com. J.R. Perkins Heating & Cooling has been a family owned and operated business since 1960. We treat our customers like family.
When outdoor conditions are hot and muggy, an air conditioning unit is essential for a comfortable home. On those very hot days, an efficient air conditioner makes the difference between a poor, stuffy environment and a healthy, pleasant one. If your air conditioning unit stops blowing air in your home, it is a good idea to know how to troubleshoot basic problems. However, it is also important to know when to call in professionals.
Many of the initial air conditioning troubleshooting steps are easy. First, check to see if the problem is the circuit breaker or a blown fuse. Your circuit breaker/fuse box is likely located in the garage or basement. Next, check your thermostat to make sure the setting is not higher than the indoor temperature. You would be surprised at the number of service calls that were caused by these two issues, causing the owner a bill.
The main culprit for no air movement in homes is a dirty filter. A dirty filter creates low indoor airflow that leads to the inside coil slowly becoming a block of ice. Once that process starts, it’s not long before the entire systems fails. Not only can it stop your HVAC units, it can actually kill the compressor leading to very expensive repairs. The best thing a customer can do is keep your air filters clean and to use a basic pleated filter rather than the more expensive ones. More expensive filters are not always better. Check back later for more information on low indoor air flow causes and solutions.
If you still are not getting any airflow, the problem may be blocked or damaged ductwork. In most cases, you will need a professional technician to fix or clean ductwork correctly. Your air conditioning ducts are essential for efficiency. If your try to tackle it yourself, even if it appears you fixed things, it could cost you more by increasing energy costs.
Ultimately, after taking these steps, if your air conditioning unit is still not blowing air, you will need a skilled professional. The good news is J.R. Perkins Heating & Cooling has the knowledge and experience to fix any air conditioning problem in the Phoenix AZ area. If you would like to talk about air conditioning, or need more information, please call us at (480) 422-4437 or visit our website at www.JRPerkins.com.
Everyone knows that a service plan is one of the most important aspects of a heating and cooling system, especially when you own your own home and especially when the summers are as hot as they are in the Phoenix AZ area. Should anything go wrong, you will want some kind of backup plan, and a service plan is your first line of defense in such a situation. However, there are 5 must-haves in an air conditioning service plan that you certainly need to prioritize.
- Automatically scheduled tune-up visits. We cannot stress the importance of these enough. Keeping up regular maintenance on a heating/cooling unit could mean the difference between having to replace it or not.
- Discounts on multiple heating and cooling comfort systems installed under the same agreement. This comes in handy if you happen to have a large building or commercial structure that needs an extra system but still need to save some money.
- All major brands serviced. You don’t have to call a different service person simply because it is a specific brand. Our professional service extends to all of them.
- Extended system life and efficiency. With the service plan, and the two free service visits, staying up with your maintenance schedule not only saves you money, it gives you the peace of mind in knowing that your system will have a longer life and save you the most money possible since it is going to operating at maximum levels.
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed. If you aren’t happy, we aren’t happy, and we will always do our best to ensure your satisfaction in every task we do for our customers, from the smallest job, to the largest.
Serving Scottsdale AZ, JR Perkins is the first heating and air conditioning company in the East Valley. To learn more please visit our website at www.JRPerkins.com or call (480) 422-4437.